Sunday, January 8, 2012

...dressing to match my soul

I finally had a thought.  The kind of though that made me me want to start this blog in the first place. 

You know how people say, or at least I've seen this quoted somewhere, that we are not people with souls, but instead souls with bodies?? Or even just saying that its the inside that counts.  Well it's interesting to me, if I really think about it because our physical appearance affects soooooo much in our lives.  So much more than it probably should.  Not that I think outward beauty is useless.  Some would say that but I don't agree.  I think God made physical beauty to be important just like inner beauty, but we do often misuse and abuse the idea of physical beauty. Anyway, I took a moment to think of myself as a soul only and realized I would live much differently if I weren't constricted by this body and this image.  However we were given it for a reason and this bring me to my point... what if we tried to make out outward appearance represent our soul??? If we dressed and made ourselves up to match the condition of our souls.  This may be a scary thought to some I suppose.  It would definitely take some vulnerability but its a fascinating concept to me. 

I mean, if we actually tried to do this it would connect our inner and outer appearance in a way that could be really interesting.  We would continually be trying to better ourselves in order to live up to what we want to look like on the outside, and we would dress more true to ourselves, perhaps even more modest or more unique because we would be reflecting our souls and not dressing for anyone else but ourselves. 

Anyway, its a weird thought.  But unique, and thus perfect for my blog. And I think I'll try it...dressing to match my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment